Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Apology & Testimonial

Does this picture of me riding a dolphin please you?
A statue of Fungie the Dingle Dolphin. It's in Dingle.
Courtesy of Annette van Heerden
So...I've been away from the blog for a while...yikes.

You guys, I'm very, very sorry about that. I promised to keep you guys updated and I dropped the ball on that one. Just know that it's because I'm living in the moment and hitting what's in front of me with all I got, which is no excuse. I'll be better about informing you all from now on, and First Presbyterian Church of Alma, please expect a spectacular presentation when I get back!

Anyway, on to the blog.

Recently the PCUSA asked some of the YAVs to produce a testimonial that was a couple sentences long. I've never quite had a way with words, but I thought I'd share it with you all.

            I’m only about four months into my YAV year and it has already taught me that, even though my future is still unclear, trusting in God will get me through the uncertainty. I no longer fear it. During this year I can sort out my past in a positive way while still living in the moment and enjoying every minute of it. Being a Young Adult Volunteer is even helping me in small ways. I am cooking and exercising more, learning to budget better, attempting to force myself to go to sleep earlier (I’m getting there). I’m working with new people in solid placements that are working towards commendable goals. All of this while learning about a new culture and making friends that I hope to be in touch with for years to come. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to become a Young Adult Volunteer.
—T.J. Piccolo
Belfast 2012-2013

So that's that. Obviously I'm still loving my year, I still can't thank you all enough for your support, and I'm currently working on some more blog posts right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment